The Sensaflex 3000 Bariatric mattress is designed to provide the best pressure care to bariatric service users at high risk of developing pressure sores. The sophisticated mattress design provides effective comfort, care and pressure redistribution for users in hospital, nursing and care home environments, as well as hospices.
This mattress will help with effective protection from pressure sores for bariatric users at high risk.
The Sensaflex 3000/4 Bariatric Memory Foam Mattress has been made with increased width and a safe working load to provide comfort and care to larger service users. The 1200mm width is suitable for use with most bariatric profiling beds and hospital beds.
Castellated Memory Foam:
Castellated memory foam mattresses are recommended for service users at high risk of developing pressure sores. The way that memory foam moulds to the user’s body are a unique benefit. It ensures that all areas of the skin are supported and in contact. Meaning there are fewer areas of the body experiencing higher amounts of pressure than others, thus reducing the risk of pressure sores on these areas. The addition of the memory foam mattress, also being castellated gives the benefit of the foam moving in independent sections, ensuring the user does not slip or move during movement in a profiling bed.
Supplied with a protective vapour permeable PU cover:
To improve the quality of care, a durable multi-stretch waterproof cover is fitted to the Sensaflex 500 foam mattress. The cover is antimicrobial which helps in reducing bacterial and odour. It is also machine washable to keep your service user’s environment sanitary. The mattress cover is also designed with a white underside to make it easier to identify fluid ingress and strikethrough.
To launder the cover in a washing machine, set the main wash to 65 Degrees Celsius for no less than 10 minutes or 95 Degrees Celsius for no less than 3 minutes. The cover can be tumble dried on low heat and the temperature must not exceed 60 Degrees Celsius. The foam can be autoclaved at 134 Degrees Celsius.
Key Features & Benefits
- 120cm (1200mm) wide mattress and increase maximum user weight for bariatric service users
- Advanced castellated foam sections allow movement and airflow to protect the user’s skin during profiling
- Memory foam features that shape and fully support the user
- High-risk pressure relief designed for the comfort of larger users
- Multi-stretch and vapour permeable PU cover
- Water-resistant and machine washable cover
- Antimicrobial cover with a white underside
- All components are BS7177: Crib 5 tested for fire safety
- Supplied vacuum rolled to minimise the required storage space
- Dimensions: 198 x 120 x 16cm
- Maximum load capacity: 200kg
- Minimum load capacity: 40kg